Thursday, April 30, 2009

Happy birthday to my almost teenager!!!!

Unbelievable.



Seriously.



My oldest daughter is 12 yrs old. As of 5:31pm this evening. I cannot believe it.





Eric and I keep shaking our heads at the thought of having an "almost" teenager - a fact that she keeps reminding me of.





My daughter is awesome. She is so sweet, thoughtful, caring, smart and pretty. Seriously. She has the best smile and the most beautiful dark hazel eyes.





As a birthday gift, she is getting contacts. Something that she has been requesting for awhile. I think that she is ready. We shall see.


We went to the eye doctor at Clarkson Eye Care here in Edwardsville. And as he continued to tell me the condition of her eyeballs, I could tell that the bill would be significant. She has astigmatism to beat the band. I knew that her vision was complicated when I had to start, when she was a 3yo preschooler wearing those adorable wire rimmed glasses, putting eye drops in her eye to weaken the strong one so the one with the worst vision wouldn't get too dependent. With me so far????





She was beaming the entire time, knowing that she was taking that leap into NOT wearing glasses, as she has been for 3/4 of her life.





Needless to say, the doctor reassured her (and me) that her contacts would need to be the hard kind, with a super special, one of a kind prescription. They are being made as I type. I picture a small, old, white-haired man (akin to Gepetto, Pinocchios' dad) whittling away at a small piece of plastic/glass to try to make that perfect lens for my girl. I know that is not the case, right?






Anything for our girls, you know?

Happy Birthday to my oldest, sweetheart monkey. You made me a momma.

I love you, forever. I'll like you for always. As long as I am living, my baby you'll be.

No comments: