Saturday, December 8, 2007

Campaign for REAL Scrapping.....


http://http//www.kimguymon.com/ from ScrapBiz....has said it well....
I think that everyone is afraid to say it, but Creative Memories has the right idea. We should document our lives...not just the 1 photo here and there.
Don't get me wrong...I love to do the 1 and 2 photo pages. But they stress me out and then I find that I haven't gotten anything done at all. I got into scrapbooking because I love to work with photos of my family, documenting their lives for them, and playing with paper - don't forget about the love I have for playing with paper! :)
From now on I will do the following (from Kim's website):
-Focus on the photos
-Add the stories and not just the names - limit the use of third-party quotes.
-Crop conservatively - Grandma's house in the background may be precious someday
-Use themed products - match photos to products
-Keep the page simple - don't overwhelm the photos with embellishments
-Use imperfect photos if that's all you have. Not every photo will be stunning.
-Reject time-consuming embellishment techniques
-Worry LESS about acid and MORE about history. (don't know about this one...I still worry about acid free. I want my albums/work to last for future generations!)
-Spend less time doctoring photos and more time scrapping
-Find your passion again!
Don't get me wrong...I will still do the occasional 1 and 2 photo page. I will still spend too long worrying about an embellishment. I will still put something with questionable acidity on my pages...but only once in a while.
I love my family. I love the books that I have created for them and about them.
Have a wonderful day!!!!!!!

2 comments:

April said...

I am guilty of doing a lot of 1 or 2 photo lo's but I still get the memory documented. I think there are a ton of ways to scrapbook. It should be about preserving the memories and not about who has the better work.:)

The Mom said...

I totally agree and would love to see more real scrapping!!!