Saturday, January 23, 2010

What a week....

Poor Allison had her tonsils and adenoids out on Friday...She also got new ear tubes. She is doing well, but not like I expected. She refuses to sleep, even though she is fighting through the narcotic pain meds that she is getting every 4-5hrs.

But we know that this is temporary. She will be breathing so much better. She already is. And when the swelling, in her airway, goes down, she will be just like a new girl. Right now? She looks worse for the wear.

Soooo....we are spending our time encouraging PO fluids and keeping her still and comfy. And she is taking it all in.

Poor girl...

And...oh,yeah....I turned 40 yrs old on Thursday...meh.

2 comments:

April said...

Oh your poor baby. I bet she is miserable. I know I would be. Hope she is better than new really soon. And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

jenn said...

happy birthday!!!!! a little late!