Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Birthday, shmirthday....







Yeah...OK...I am going to have a birthday in less than 24 hours. I will be at work when the moment that I arrived...well...arrived.






I was thinking how cool it might be that I am helping someone deliver her baby at the time that my mom was delivering me. It might be cool.






I am not looking much forward to this b-day. It is a strange milestone. My last 30-something birthday. Time to reflect. What have I accomplished???






Well....At the top of my list?



My marriage to my sweet sweetie Eric. 15+ years now. Crazy. I love him more now than I ever thought that I could when we said "I do". We have had some ups, downs, sharp turns to the left or right. But...we have muddled through together. And that togetherness has given us our next accomplishments...if you want to call them that...



Kathryn, Emily and Allison. Our girls. The girls. The sisters. Big, little and middle. The monkeys. The chicks. Whatever we call them, they are the lights of our lives. Mine and Eric's.






I have also accomplished other things...but they pale in comparison to the above mentioned items. Graduating nursing school, being a nurse and doing/seeing all that I have done/seen...unbelievable to me.






My family and my salvation are at the top of my list. My friends follow a very close second. \






I guess my b-day isn't too bad...Eric will always be older than me....bwahahaha!!!






Seriously...I have been blessed. This I cannot deny. And I remind myself of the blessings everyday.






Take a few minutes to count your blessings....
ps....guess how old I am going to be....

4 comments:

Christie Wildes said...

hehe HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!! My dh is older than me too and that brings me great comfort. :)

Hope that your day tomorrow is fabulous.

XO

*reyanna* said...

Great happy blog! :) And Happy Birthday! :)

Jenn said...

Well Happy Bday...this will be my last 30-something birthday too. March is quickly approaching!Yikes

jenn said...

and you will always be older than me! happy late birthday!